Evaluate current reading goals, objectives, and priorities at your school
- Based on your knowledge of your school's reading program (e.g., goals, materials, allocated time), use the evaluation criteria in the PET-R to rate your reading program's implementation.
- Each item has a value of 0 (not in place), 1 (partially in place), or 2 (fully in place) to indicate the level of implementation.
- Note that some items are designated with a factor, (e.g., x 2). Items with this designation are considered more important in the overall reading program. Multiply your rating by the number in parentheses and record that number in the blank to the left of the item.
- After completing Element I, reflect on your current reading practices with respect to Goals/Objectives/ & Priorities.
- Which items are fully in place? Which items have room for improvement? What observations and insights have you gleaned while completing the PET-R?
- The information from the PET-R can be used to formulate a school-specific Reading Action Plan (RAP).